Sunday, October 6, 2013

September projects -Rockets, Wildcats, Jayhawks, and Cupcakes

 I love to create and I found lots of fun fabrics at Sarah's fabrics in Lawrence!  By now, I have a LOT of fabrics!  If anyone is looking for something unusual. I probably have it!

Font-Frenchie
I found out that the new parents were so pleased that they had something personalized, that they hung the burp cloth on the wall.  I told them I would come up with a wall hanging for Baby Amelia!  So....my first effort for a birth announcement.  I made this to go into a frame.  
Font- Kirstin
I learned a bunch in making this.  Quite labor intensive but easier the second time.  The background on this photographed darker than it was.  I would have used a brighter color for some of the words ( like red) with the grays and yellows but I hesitated to add another color for their nursery. 

Fonts- Kayleigh with crown, Girls & Ornamental
 These special ones were made for some classmates of Dave's.  
The DVACK Festival of Trees will be held in November.  I thought I would put together a couple baskets. 
Font-Boys R Gross
For the  KU fan!  I suspect I know who will bidding on this baby jay onesie, burp cloth and little book.

Font-Jester
 This is a little onesie, bib, and burp cloth for EBAW  *Every Baby a Wildcat!

Fonts- Freeform, Beanie
 Erik has friends in  Lawrence  who just had Baby Lucien.  Erik selected the fabrics and fonts.

Finally, one last one for Mr. Ford!  Another sweet babe whose parents I have known since they were little!
Font-Oliver
This fabric has all kinds of fun retro designs, like converse tennies and an old rocket.  Hence, the little embellishment.  
Font-Whoa Nelly, architectural for words
 I mentioned that things were easier the second time.  This is a pale gray random dot and it is going to be a pillow face with a wonderful blue-turquoise chevron backing.  I will post a picture when Linda creates it!  

It is so fun to look back at all these projects!




This Linda's finished pillow!  Isn't it cute with the green accent and the chevron backing?  This is the perfect addition to an already darling nursery!

2 comments: