Sunday, October 6, 2013

Ultimate challenge

SweetPups (Vidor, Texas) has a difficult and challenging situation with a puppy that was born with a birth defect that involves elimination.  One surgery has been done and a follow up surgery is planned The nurse in me is willing to go into detail but I don't want to offend any readers!  The challenge is to keep everything contained and that is where I picked up the gauntlet!  Fingers crossed that my invented puppy diapers will do the trick!  We will find out tomorrow when they arrive. 

The Process:
I did quite a bit of research and THINKING about the needs.  Armed with somewhat of a pattern and measurements.  I started my household search for something the waist measurement 12 inches! Have I mentioned that she is a tiny puppy?  So I found this container!

And then I needed something to help me keep the perspective of placement and I found Jack's precious and loved baby!
Now to construct the model.....
                                     
I purchased the waterproof cloth diaper fabric and brown flannel for lining, elastic in two varieties and some embellishments. The final products.....keep in mind each one evolved a bit more.  And, as I told Glenna Tucker at SweetPups, there is enough Velcro for a 300 pound man but I wanted to make sure a wiggly puppy would keep it on!  And a puppy is not going to fit it like the scotch container did. So tomorrow will be the test.
I bought the little flower and diva appliqués but I made up the little brown  "Tabby" applique
Since these diapers will be put on "backwards" these  appliqués will be seen on the back of this sweet pup.   If this works, I will be glad to create some more fun ones!  I do think they turned out pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment